In my quest for finding wireless earbuds (earphones) I stumbled across a couple Kickstarter projects. One was simply what I was looking for and the other was even better. An ENT (Ear, Nose, & Throat) doctor named Eric Hensen came up with wireless earbuds that do so much more.
Some of the features include:
- Similar exercise metrics of other tracking devices (e.g. calories, distance, etc.).
- A built in heart rate monitor that can get that information from your ear.
- Other biofeedback metrics like O2 saturation.
- Depending are where you are exercising, you can adjust the volume to allow for environmental sounds (e.g passing cars, bikes, etc.) to get through.
- Audible feedback about what you are doing.
They have almost met their goal. Check out the FreeWavz Kickstarter project.